Monday, February 8, 2010

things I've learned in Arizona...so far

Do not leave the door to your laundry room/outside storage area closed and locked while you're drying your clothes. There is no vent; it will turn into a sauna.

One person's idea of "a beautiful love seat" or "perfect condition" on craigslist may not be the same as yours. (PS Just because your dog didn't chew it to pieces does not make it beautiful.)

You have to drive everywhere you go. Everywhere. Even across the street.

Lots of people retire to Arizona. And they move at a retired-person pace.

If you wear your MIT sweatshirt, people always ask if you went there. I'm going to start saying yes. Because I did in fact go there every day for almost three years.

Walmart is closer (and cheaper) than Target.

In 'n Out Burger is not very far away. Like everything else, it's just a drive away.




6 comments:

Coop said...

Yay! Tini posted on her blog! w00t!

Harriet Toothfighter said...

I love all the things you are learning in Arizona. I have a really nice, mint condition, black leather sofa in my garage I'm selling. In fact, I'll give it to you. Just come and get it.

ellen said...

And you've turned into a blogger!!

Today I got your email that you sent on 2/1 (technical difficulties at MIT?!) and it made me sad that you were gone.

Mommy said...

Please make this a regular part of your day. Share pictures and stuff so we don't feel so sad.

Biz said...

Now that you're not walking around everywhere, you'll need to keep a close eye on those In-N-Out visits.

Just sayin'.

Unknown said...

If you need to learn where Boyd and Kitty keep their grapefruit, let me know!