Monday, February 22, 2010

on time

It used to be that I would look at the clock on my computer at work and wish for it to say 5:00. And waiting for that moment sometimes felt like an eternity.

Now, time is relative. I wake up whenever I want, and go about doing whatever it is I feel like doing. And today I wait and wait for the clock to say 9:00 because that's when Mr. Yin will come home. And now that feels like an eternity.

It's funny to think that I have six hours to fill before then. If we were both still working in lovely Bostonia, we'd only be two hours away from heading home time.

In those six hours I'll finish the organization project I started last week and make granola for the first time since my Deer Valley days. And maybe something else, just to mix things up.

And then Mr. Yin will come home and we'll watch the end of the prime time Olympic coverage on NBC, and go to bed.

No comments: