Wednesday, February 17, 2010

on recycling

I went to the Glendale Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) today to drop off the recycling I've been collecting for a week. (Special shout out to Bizzy for doing the research!)

It's much further away than I thought! I passed the Cardinals stadium (I don't think that's the real name) on my way, and oh my, is it a big structure. Next time I'll venture closer and take pictures. (I forgot my camera.)

Once there, I quickly noticed I was the only car. Everyone else was a dump truck or truck with a bed full of leaves and a trailer full of trash. On their website the MRF says they'll tell you where to drop off your recyclables when you get there, so I dutifully got in line with the huge trucks and waited to be told where to go. I waited 5 minutes and realized the recycling bin in right there. Three big green bins: one for cardboard, one for glass and one for the other stuff.

I got out of line, tossed in my recyclables and didn't miss too much of Talk of the Nation on NPR.

Gotta stay savvy while I'm here.

1 comment:

Mrs. Forrest said...

yeah for blogging friend! and recycling of course.