Tuesday, March 30, 2010

fauna


This little friend flew into my frame as I was taking a picture of this crazy flower with pollen on its tips. Doing his job as a pollinator. Can you see him?
After some debate, and finally consulting the Audubon Society field guide, we've decided these bouncy little friends are Eastern Cottontails.

In our college days, Erica and I had pet lizards. (Erica had pet lizards and I would drive to the pet store to get them crickets, so I felt like they were kind of mine.) The other day we say one in the wild!

That same day we saw birds in captivity. (Only captive because they rescued and cannot be rehabilitated to survive in the wild.)
The great horned owl was our favorite. Just beautiful.
Peregrine falcon
Harris hawk, a very angry one. She is not happy. Found only in the Sonoran Desert.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Birds of prey are very, very cool!