Tuesday, March 30, 2010

sewing 102


With neither teacher nor pattern present, I managed to put what skills I do have to work and made a double-sided flannel blanket for a friend whose first baby is due in 4 weeks.

**Note to sisters who have children: don't be sad I didn't do this for your kids! I love your kids dearly! I didn't know how to sew back then! If you have more kids, I'll make them blankets!

(Any advice on closing the hole used to pull the blanket right side out would be appreciated. I did it and it looks pretty good, but I'm wondering if there is an easier way?)

2 comments:

becahdawn said...

I honestly don't know much about sewing (I haven't taken it since 8th grade). But I do remember how to sew a blind stitch. Call me!

Biz said...

When I make double sided blankets like that, I iron down 1/4 inch around the wrong side of the fabric pieces and then sew them together right along the edge with wrong sides together. Then there's no turning inside out. Also, I think it helps keep the fabric from shifting in the wash.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not offended that you never made my kids blankets. We can still be friends.