Sunday, March 14, 2010

bloomin' desert

One thing I do love about the desert is the flora. It is a far, far cry from the lush green of the East Coast, but the delicate little flowers that do bloom light my heart. Each one of them had to work so hard to get here and I love them for it.
It was a windy day, Mr. Yin had to man-handle this poor purple flower to get a close up.

This crazy plant now has dark red flowers on it, I need a new picture!

These are my favorites. Perfect, tiny white flowers.


This puffy ball of happiness is really tiny. See the pollen? (Don't sneeze Jaime!)

(I'm trying not to miss spring in New England. I hear crocuses and tulips have broken through. Trees in full pink and white bloom along the Charles are not far behind.)


3 comments:

Harriet Toothfighter said...

I've always wanted to see the desert bloom.

Biz said...

When we drove through Death Valley in March of 2008, they were having one of the best years on record for flowers and we were there at just the right time. They were all so tiny, but when you looked out across the vast rockiness, it was so happy to see the little bits of white and yellow and pink. It really was beautiful.

Unknown said...

Weenie Kid, that's a fine post!