Saturday, March 27, 2010

bzzz bees

Sadly honey bees in the US of A are becoming more and more scarce.

Things are different here in Arizona.

On my hike the other day, this sign greeted me:
Killer bees! Not honey bees. And not a shortage.

Killer bees. And lots of them. They swarm and attack.

On the news every night, along with car accidents and random shootings (oh local news), there is inevitably a story about people being attacked by a swarm of bees.

Don't worry, I checked out a book about living Sonoran Desert and it taught me how to defend myself if I'm ever swarmed and end up on the news.

(Another note about local news: there are about 5 channels dedicated to weather. Weather in the desert where the sun shines. Every. Single. Day.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So, how do you escape the killer bees!?!?!

Biz said...

It looks to me like they're warning the bees to stay away. You should be fine.

Critter said...

This is why I want to live somewhere where it gets so cold every winter that all of the bugs die. That way they stay small and relatively friendly.

Jessica said...

Christina -- how I love your posts! They make me miss Arizona and its ridiculously persistent sunshine. Hope all is well!