Sunday, March 21, 2010

madness

I can blog about basketball now because my team has been eliminated.

Typically I don't vote for a number one seed team to win it all and this year was no exception.

Maryland was my choice. For no good reason except I had heard someone talking about them right before I did my bracket. And because my sister lived near the University of Maryland last time they won and I was thinking about that.

Up until Maryland lost today all four of my Final Four teams were still in. If California can hold on against Duke I'll still be 3 for 4. And seven for eight in the Elite Eight.

Unlike 42.2% of the population, I had Kansas losing in the Sweet Sixteen so that didn't really hurt my results.

But Maryland bowing out to Michigan State did me in.

I know you all care so much, right?

Still, it's the best I've ever done on a bracket!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It has to feel good to make a pick no one else had and then hope for them. If you've got the same thing as everyone else, it kind of loses its fun!

Harriet Toothfighter said...

I had Maryland in the Final Four. That'll be the last time I let them prey on my nostalgic feelings. Curse you, UMD!