Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WNTW: Europe edition

In Amsterdam, our first stop. In the special pants. 
Mr. Yin and I are going through our photos to (finally!) print some and hang them on our vast and bare walls. Of course that meant going through our pictures from our little trip to Europe 18 months ago.

You may recall, I was barely pregnant. And we had been living on a grad student budget, in Arizona: the most casual place on earth. And my clothes in all the pictures reflect that.

In almost every photograph, I hate what I'm wearing. I can't remember if I did at the time, but then doesn't that mean I was the perfect candidate for What Not to Wear: Baby Mama Edition?  Why didn't someone sign me up!? (I'm still willing if anyone wants to nominate me.)

I knew I'd be getting bigger by the end of our trip, so I knew my clothing needed to be stretchy. What I didn't know is that Mr. Edmund (aka Edible) was going to sit so low in my pelvis making everything of the pant variety extremely uncomfortable, almost from day one.

"Hiking" in the Swiss Alps. In the special pants.

But, seriously, there had to have been a better solution than these pants, right? I mean come on! Is that any better than the times I wore Mr. Yin's shorts? Yes, your read that correctly: I wore Mr. Yin's shorts. In Europe. Not just in Europe, in Paris!

At the Rodin Museum in Paris, in Mr. Yin's shorts.
He used to tease me about my Old Navy stretchy skirts. He called them my "I give up skirts". You know the one, if you have a jersey skirt from Old Navy, you probably own one. Or many. But the truth is, they look the best in the pictures.

I wish someone had taken me aside and shown me that you can dress cute and be pregnant. I wish someone had taken me aside and given me some ideas on how to dress my growing baby bump. And butt, since mine decided to grow in proportion to my belly.

Rome, our last stop, approximately one month after Amsterdam. In the special dress. 
In the end, this is my favorite picture of me from the trip. And yes, I think I'm pushing my belly out. Something that didn't need to be done a few weeks later.

In the Louvre.



1 comment:

Heather said...

I've been trying to dress cuter this pregnancy. But I've hit month 8 and the weather is already heating up. I'm so close to donning comfy pjs the rest of the pregnancy!!

Cute red floral dress in the one picture. That one is very sweet!