Tuesday, February 28, 2012

score


If anyone is keeping track, Teddy totally won today.

He is adorable and that's a good thing. But my mild mannered baby who used to nap like a champ has started to nap for one hour a day. One. Hour. That's not even as long as it used to be if he only took one nap!

On days like that I'm not the most patient mom. I get no down time.

I think it would be much better if he was his pleasant, happy self all of those extra hours he's awake during the day. But he turns into a whiney, impatient, screechy, manic little guy. If his car is stuck in the garage and he can't get it out, it might be the end of the world. If I have the audacity to make him a meal and not feed him scraps like a dog in the process, it's definitely the end of the world.

So those extra awake hours are not exactly fun for any of us.

I'm sure it didn't help that he started the day by getting three vaccinations.

Bed time came early and I think it's better for everyone involved. Including Mr. Yin who, though he's not here all day to join in the fun, will benefit with some nice hot curry chicken when he gets home.

3 comments:

Critter said...

Poor Tini. He is awful cute though. Does that help?

becahdawn said...

Oh Little Teddy. You can't treat your mom that way. You just can't. You have to sleep, it's what little boys do. And if my little boys ever ask you, that's what you will tell them.

Unknown said...

Oh, for the love of naps. Maybe those twin boys can tell Ruth about longer naps?