Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 14, 2012


Tiny Mr. Yin and I enjoyed our day by playing with his cars and Mr. Potatohead (and I may or may not have consumed lots of spice jelly beans--the only kind in my book).

Real Mr. Yin and I celebrated by joining a CSA for a farm around the corner, and then had surf and turf for dinner. By the time Mr. Yin got home, I had the smashed potatoes, broccoli and steak done, and the shrimp ready to go. I had followed an Alton Brown recipe to the letter and the steak still looked undercooked. Rarer than rare. Mr. Yin came in and browned them for about 2 minutes on each side. 90 seconds longer than Brother Alton said to do. And they were perfectly delicious.

Maybe what makes us work in the kitchen is what makes us work in real life: I'm detailed oriented and follow the rules and he sees the big picture and takes rules as a jumping-off point.

I love both my Mr. Yins.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: