Sunday, February 27, 2011

ch-ch-ch-changes?



I've been thinking about making some changes to the blog.

Specifically, writing more. You know long posts.

Why you ask?

Some of my favorite blogs (especially when I'm feeding the small lad at 4:00 in the morning and trying so hard not to fall asleep) are the wordier ones. (Of those five links I only know one of them in real life!) Not just wordier, but honest, ones where you feel a connection to the writer.

However I'm torn. Because I'm a fairly private person. I really only open up to my close friends. It's kind of weird to think of writing more about my life knowing anyone can read it. But who are we kidding?! It's only close friends and family who read my blog anyway. If we were able to sit down and chat like we do when we're together, I'd share what is going on in my life and heart. So why not do the same, despite the distance?

Also, I'd like to chronicle more of Tedmundo's life. We do stuff, he learns stuff, he does new things and I have yet to record any of it beyond photos, emails to family and this here blog. And that's not much when I think about how momentous this time in my life is.

I was going to ask if you'd even be interested in reading more instead of just seeing pictures, but I figure if you don't want to read you don't have to. You can still look at cute pictures of my little chubba.

So I'm going to try it.

Disclaimer to make myself feel better: whenever I sit down to write longish posts, I get very self critical and try to be clever and make my writing engaging and then things come out all wrong. To correct that I need to write. Just write and let voice and self come through as they do and stop trying for a Pulitzer of Blog Land. So bear with me as I figure that out.

I've been working on the birth story post. Talk about personal. Jump right in with both feet I guess. No promises as to when that will finally be posted. And no promises as to how often I'll write. I'd like to say at least once a week as a sort of week-in-review. But if there is one thing I've learned from being a mom for 2.5 months it's that the best laid plans tend to be just that: plans.

So happy reading?

6 comments:

Biz said...

I'll be requiring a full-resolution copy of that smiley face picture.

I love his smile. He sure is a cutie!

Erica said...

Yes.

ellen said...

I'll read anything and everything you write. :)

Megan said...

Yes please. Bring it on.

Harriet Toothfighter said...

I like you and your blog. And Edmund and his chub. And Joe. And most of all you.

k8 said...

point #1 SUPER FLATTERED to be on your link list and #2 yes please to more in depth Yin stories.