Tuesday, September 4, 2012

so, summer



Looks like summer happened and I stopped blogging.

But it was a good one.

We went to barbecues, had lots of picnics, road-tripped, saw a perfect parade with tractors and fire trucks, celebrated our 4th anniversary on the 4th by eating lots of fresh seafood and watching fireworks, saw some family and a few old friends, watched cousins love each other, swam in the pool, swam in the lake, swam in the ocean, brought home loads of sand from the beach, watched the Olympics, visited farms, "hiked", ate Philly cheesesteaks in Philly, picked blueberries, saw Lucy the Elephant with my parents, visited Atlantic City, ate funnel cake, saw where Washington crossed the Delaware, met some new friends, walked to the library, walked to the park, swung in the swings, visited our CSA farm every week and picked cherry tomatoes and husk cherries and flowers--and sometimes okra, devoured Jersey tomatoes and sweet corn, skyped and hungout with family far away, and enjoyed some spectacular thunder storms. 

And we ate lots and lots of ice cream and popsicles. Little man loves himself the ice cream. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

As Teddy and I were reflecting on our summer, I realized it was perfectly wonderful.




3 comments:

Harriet Toothfighter said...

Don't you think your autumn would be super awesome if you came and visited us? I wish we could have summered more with you and Teddy and Joe!

Unknown said...

Good idea! Teenie, come on up!

Biz said...

Hm. My comment didn't post. I'll have to think of another one. Hmmmmmm.

I love Teddy! And I can't believe how big he's getting. He's so adorable.