Wednesday, September 22, 2010

the bulge


Thanks to my ever growing belly:

I can no longer see myself close-up in the bathroom mirror without my glasses, unless I stand on my toes to get my belly over the countertop.

Being submerged in a pool never felt so good. And light.

Some of my maternity clothes no longer cover my belly all the way.

Mr. Yin and I have free entertainment watching my belly move as if an alien were living inside of it.

When I'm in a group of people and my Edible starts throwing a party (maybe it's a tantrum?!) in my womb, I wonder if other people notice the movement. And sometimes I wonder if she invited Homer, Arthur, the Peach and the Bit* over to party with her. At the same time.

Mr. Yin's single male friends who we haven't seen all summer, stare. The female ones squeal with delight.

*Cousins scheduled to arrive around the same time as Edible.

3 comments:

Diana said...

You have the cutest baby bump EVER!

ellen said...

it's a basketball!

Unknown said...

How happy to have so many cousins on the way!